Wednesday, February 4, 2009

MTD 4: Jog for 20 minutes

Time: 20 minutes
Speed: Brisk jog (some walking, untimed)
Length: 2.00001 miles
Pace -- 9:59.9

The full instructions for this part of the program say to run for 20 minutes, and if you have to walk, do so without timing it. So, I didn't time myself when I walked. It only occured every so often.

I went to Cottage Hill Park again, but used the hillier "forest trail" because of the resistance inclines give on your muscles. This seemed like a bad idea at the time, and I'm probably gonna be kicking myself tomorrow, but the pain seems strangely worth it at this point.

The reason I put 2.00001 miles (besides just being a dork) is because, since my phone is too old to have a stopwatch, I had to kinda fudge the numbers in terms of distance over time -- which I think evened out pretty well. At the end I had approximately 10 seconds or so left after hitting the 2-mile mark, so I walked it off and counted that as the end of my workout. Would I like to get a real stopwatch and tell my real time? Well, sure, and I know I have one somewhere. But who cares; this is mainly for fun.

I'm making a better pace, and I hope to only improve it as time wears on. I guess the real test will be this weekend, when I compete in the Battle of Mobile Bay 5k at Dauphin Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment