Friday, February 13, 2009

MTD 13: Jog for 20-25 minutes

Time: 25 minutes
Speed: Brisk jog, some walking
Length: 2.25 miles
Pace -- 11:06

Went back to USA and managed to match my time/pace from last time. It's a good feeling knowing you can keep the pace up after resting for a day or so. Though, technically, walking 3 miles yesterday isn't really resting...

I just checked my marathon training guide to see if there were any big races coming up in which I'd be expected to participate. It doesn't appear that there will be anytime soon, but there is a half-marathon race to be run by day 56 (the end of the eighth week), so I suppose by the end of March/beginning of April I'm expected to be at that point.

It's always good to have reasonable, attainable goals set. I know March is going to be a hectic month to train, since I have a lot of races coming up -- there's a St. Patrick's Day 5k downtown on the 17th, then a 5k in Baton Rouge 4 days later with Mike, plus a 10k the week after that -- it'll be busy.

But it'll be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment