Tuesday, February 3, 2009

MTD 3: Rest

Yep, it's no surprise that every day between runs is a rest day (except some weekends - we'll get to that later, of course). But, given the nature of the training regimen, it's best to rest whenever you can in order to fully heal.

My short-term goal is to be in better shape at the end of February. My runs are fine now, but I get winded easily. Aiming for the end of the month is reasonable, plus I'm hoping my running pace and strength will continue to pick up around March/April, when it begins to get warmer and have longer days. Then I can begin going to the Mellow Milers run every Tuesday (which I'll unfortunately be missing again tonight). It's a 5k run, which means it's good exercise and good training for anyone considering longer runs. Plus, 5k runs are short enough to allow more participation from the public (and act like "gateway races" to those who want to run longer distances).

March will see a lot of updates. I will go back to the Mellow Mushroom runs, I'm planning on running in a 5k with my brother in Baton Rouge, and the annual Azalea Trail Run will occur the weekend after that. It'll be nice to get things back up to proper speed.

3 comments:

  1. I just found this when you posted it on Nicole's Facebook. This is a pretty cool idea. Looks like I'll have some competition next month...

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this when you posted it on Nicole's Facebook. This is a pretty cool idea. Looks like I'll have some competition next month...

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Werhd. Thanks Mike/Flanagax. Do you have split personalities or something?

    ReplyDelete