Sunday, March 1, 2009

A victorious return!

....or something. It's been a couple of weeks, I know, but a hectic couple of weeks at that -- I'd gotten out of the whole blogging-every-day-as-a-habit kind of thing, something I hope to not repeat much as I head closer to October.

I need to finally do my 90-minute endurance run. I rested today, but yesterday I got back into running regularly by running the 5k "swamp route" at USA -- it was the same route as the Jaguar 5k I did last month -- and I landed a 39-minute time, which wasn't bad. That matches my time I made on the last 5k, except this one had the tricky hills that kept slowing me down! But I'm glad I've gotten back into a groove I'm comfortable with.

I have big plans ahead for this month, so it's best not to become lazy. After all, there are a bunch of races, and I'll be renewing my weekly 5k running habit every Tuesday at Mellow Mushroom. I also have certain other plans in my professional life which might threaten my spare time a little -- I'll be substitute teaching at my old high school in the near future -- but I won't be cutting the running habit off entirely. I'll always find some spare time here or there.

No comments:

Post a Comment