Monday, March 30, 2009

MTD 22: Azalea Trail Run

Length -- 10k (6.2 mi)
Race time -- 1:19:35
Pace -- 12:49

I didn't do nearly as well as I'd hoped on this one, but also not as bad as my worst time (1:21), so I can't be disappointed. At least not now. I refuse to let myself be negative. I clocked a decent pace, considering.

If anything changes at all between now and Dublin, I think it has to be both the place I run and the type of running. I'm hoping to mix a little fartlek-type running in there as well (which is kind of what this race felt like -- short bursts of quick speed every once in a while).

My diet most definitely needs to change -- especially after going through the health expo and learning what I learned from it.

2 comments:

  1. I found a website last week I thought you might be interested in checking out:
    www.mapmyrun.com
    It's a mod of Google maps that lets you, as the site says, map out your run and determine things like distance. It's pretty handy if you ask me.
    Check out these maps of some of my regular runs around LSU:
    http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/us/la/baton%20rouge/868123853077512077
    http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/la/baton-rouge/726123853245888950

    ...Wow, looking at what I just wrote, it looks like spam.

    Seriously, though, check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, thanks Mike. I might put that as a link on my site.

    ReplyDelete